Friday 12 March 2010

Lean Back and Don't Spanner It.......

Final preparations are in full swing with the last bits and pieces being picked up on Monday - bib shorts have been selected and the Cape Town 2 is almost ready to roll.

I had a final play about with the bike and have fitted my spring loaded seat post - hopefully given this much respect to my bum will pay dividends later during the race!!

I phoned a good friend of mine who is a proper downhill mountain biker. I talked him through the Witches Hat, a 5,500ft climb before a 5,500ft decent. He choked at the thought of the climb but then I could almost hear his mind drifting off as he imagined the decent! He advised to let the bike do the work and to 'lean back and don't spanner it!' I am assuming that to spanner is to spectatularly crash. I have no intention of spannering it and if I get close to spannering I have no doubt that Bigman will be more than the required 2 minutes apart ensuring he doesn't spanner it!

So this time next week we'll hopefully be preparing for the international party to greet visitors who have travelled to the race which is doubling up as the pre-marathon party I think. It's going to be fun!

I took a call from the local press today - I've got no idea what rubbish I told him but I did get the opportunity to big up our Charity at the website at the top of the page! So if you read this and feel you want to, you know where to go to give.....

I had massage today down at Keavil House Hotel. It was fantastic. The people in the massage centre were excellent and my hip feels more relaxed than it has for a while.

I'm beginning to feel in control as the trip is organised, we've managed to miss the BA strike action by one day and I'm ready on the work front to. I'm away for over 3 weeks so it is inevitable that I will have to deal with issues whilst on holiday but somehow I look forward to that side of the holiday as well. I'm not good at doing nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment