Thursday 11 March 2010

Taper time begins with minor grumbles....

After our training session on Monday my body has begun to beg for mercy and I've developed a pain in the left hip. Nothing too bad just a grumble that needs to be sorted. So I'm off to meet a fizz in the morning who will hopefully push, pull and massage the broken bits back into place.

I feel better for a few days off and no running but with the weather being so fab the temptation to grab the shoes and get out in the sun has been immense.

I've spent the week getting organised and have managed to print out all of the information required for a successful trip. I managed to procure insurance yesterday. Mountain bike racing is a category 3 hazardous event. I noted rather somberly that allownace is included in the policy for repatriation in the event of death! However given my skills on a mountain bike anything steeper than the smallest incline will be walked rather than risk all in a speedy downhill.

So given the ever mounting cost of the trip I think the last thing I'll buy is a solar charger - I'm officially a geek! This might keep us blogging......

No comments:

Post a Comment