Sunday 26 April 2009

Another epic day out....

Yesterday was another cracking day to be out on the bike.

A few good memories include:

  • The Route - a classic circular route with some good climbs but nothing too extreme
  • The company - as ever the craic was excellent
  • The scones in the cafe in Perth were huge and tasted great!
  • The climb up Glenfarg with the bigman was stunning - as I began to slow down he powered past me on his Trek Madone gathered me up in his slipstream and took us to the top.
  • The scenery - you wouldn't live anywhere else
The only bad thing was the slow puncture I picked up somewhere - a few stops to pump it up and it got me home.

I'm convinced that the bigman and I are going to make a good team in SA - we seem to be able to know when each other needs a rest intuitively and we make a harmonious team.

Santiago gets stronger and stronger every trip out and he looked comfortable speeding through Perthshire on his tri bars. The fit one keeps us honest with a turn of speed and strength that is awesome. He can glide along using a low cadence on the big ring (Chainring at the front where the pedals are!) while I'm struggling along on the small ring pedalling like fury.

The ride to Perth (Australia) will have to wait a few years!

Went out for a run today to test the achilles and it's aching a bit at the moment. The Edinburgh Marathon is in more doubt than ever - I don't think I'll be able to run that far given the state of my left foot. We'll see......

No comments:

Post a Comment