Wednesday 22 April 2009

Spin spin and more spin.....

A day of political and bike spin.

With the economy looking like it's about to shrink 3.5% I figure it's time to do some downsizing myself. Only problem is I need to shrink nearer 15%. The Bigman's been shedding weight quicker than Ricky Hatton before a championship fight and I struggle on losing a pound a week (and that's on a good week!).

So with this in mind I rocked up to my local spin class. How do some folk finish spin classes looking better than I look at the start? Not a hair out of place and no obvious sign of sweat. Maybe they are trained athlete's or maybe not trying that hard?

So an hour of sweaty grunt later I emerged as if straight out of a sauna

I bumped into the guy who leads the run class who I think was amazed I'd finished the IM - he'd heard of the Cape Epic mtb race and seemed genuinely excited about it - he's a good guy and offered to help with my achilles problem which was great news.

Planning a route up to Perth on Saturday - hopefully the weather will hold..........

No comments:

Post a Comment