Sunday 27 September 2009

A pain in the foot

My left foot has been sore every time I've run for the past 2 weeks. Rubbish timing with a marathon next weekend. So it may be more of a limp round rather than my planned attemp at a PB - we'll wait and see but I missed my last long run last weekend and felt my foot whilst out today.

I only did 5 miles this morning and aerobically I feel in good shape.

I'm still going to go for it and hopefully with a week's rest will sort it out.

So the week ahead I'll be focussed on my weak spot. My training is consistent, in accordance with my plans and generally I love it. Food is my issue. I just love nice stuff to eat. Cakes, chocolate and bread are particular fatty favorites of mine. We had a dinner party last night and no doubt the left over puddings will be hoovered up later.....

Anyway, I'm not sure of this carb loading business. This is the process of eating lots of carbohyrates before a big race to maximise your glycogen stores. I understand that it's good practice to eat pasta for a couple of evenings before a big race. I do this every time to limited impact!

It's rumoured that the night before the Caledonian Etape a couple of years ago the Gillespie Crusader bikers ignored this practice and went for a curry instead!! In any event it worked and they all romped home in excellent times the next day. Maybe the secret qualities of a firey curry is the way to go......

Training this week will be focussed on the bike - more probably the spinning bike - to keep my fitness up. Hopefully the foot will recover and I'll be back on for a PB next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment