Wednesday 2 September 2009

9 mile burn.....

Running is like nothing much else. As you run the endorphins kick in and the natural high is amazing. You feel released of all tension and your mind is able to drift and think in a way that allows you develop creative ideas and thoughts that really build solutions to the challenges in life. I love it.

However, sometimes running feels like a really bad idea and you drag your feet to the door feeling like doing anything else but run. Today, it was the weather. The afternoon had been brighter than the morning but the clouds were heavy in the west, almost as heavy as my legs!

In any event I decided to risk it and as the Nike logo says 'just do it'.

The run around the west Fife villages under a dangerous sky took me away from the issues of the day and as always left me feeling better about the world.

Another run tomorrow with a bike fixing session to follow. Need to get ready for a ride out on Saturday and my good bike has a puncture while my winter bike has no brakes.....

Oh and Santiago has pre-registered for Ironman UK next year. Great news. A training partner for the long tedious runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment