Thursday 18 June 2009

A nice winter's ride....

Today wasn't a bad day, a bit windy, sunny spells and an hour's down pour.....

The bigman and I met up at his house for a blast up to Kelty and back over Cliesh. I have to say I didn't feel on top form today, whimped out and suggested the cycle track, Saline and home.....

We set off into the wind, the clouds were building in the west, dark and ominous. The rain started, it was those heavy, tropical storm drops. They gathered momentum quicker than the bigman and I could escape and forced us off road. We blethered under a tree as the rain battered down. Eventually it stopped, well just about stopped and we got going again. It was more like a March ride than a summer ride - baltic.

The bigman's madone turned into a bag of spanners and sounded like a 1950's raleigh - must have been the rain! When we turned toward Saline the ironman turned into a jelly baby - my legs had nothing to give, no power, acceleration nothing. I felt done in and the bigman cruised up the hills wondering where I was. Really weird feeling.

Into Saline and the curse of the bigman continued - except he passed it onto to me and I had a puncture. First one in ages and only second of the year. I pumped the tyre up twice on the way home and that did the job....

Difficult day at the office all up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment