Sunday 8 November 2009

Back on track....
















It was yet another fab day and all the encouragement I needed to grab the running shoes and head out.

I picked a route that took me up to Dunfermline, onto the cycle track, down to Blairhall and back home. It was a stunner. The views back over to Grangemouth were immense. Hopefully you can see the steam rising in the distance.

I found the run easier than expected. I've taken my running fairly easy since the Loch Ness Marathon. They say it takes a day per mile run to recover from a big event and therefore I should have rested for 26 days. I didn't and I wonder if that had an impact on my other training because I've been quite tired of late.

When I was on the bike path I passed a guy with a retriever wandering along. About 15 minutes later I saw the same guy strolling back towards Comrie. I wondered which path was the shortcut and decided to stop to find out. So I did. He looked at me obviously not understanding the question. Turned out to be an identically dresses bloke with the same type of dog. Hugely embarrassing. I suppose at least I learned that no shortcut on to the cycle path at Comrie!

I watched the first programme in a series on the Extreme Sports channel about the Cape Epic. It showed stage 1 of this year's race. Food for thought. Big hills with loads of climbing seemed to be the theme. I'm going to record the entire series and have a Cape Epic fest one evening with the Bigman. So excited about the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment