Wednesday 11 November 2009

The day the lights went out....

I woke up early and took my dog out for a run. It was a nice but cold start to the day as we set off towards Gowkhall. It was a short 4 miler, long enough to tire out the dog but not completely wreck us. I turned towards Crossford and then on to the bike path. I was surprised how busy the path was. Runners and bikers some exercising some commuting.

It was time to reflect. Running is a great place to contemplate and consider life. I discovered a few weeks ago that a friend of mine had passed away. It was confirmed to me that he'd taken his own life when I bumped into a mutual friend yesterday. I was so sad to hear the news and today I took time out to remember some of the good times that we shared......

I was supposed to be joining the posse for tonight's bike ride but I was stupid last time out and forgot to charge my lights after the ride. So having sorted out my clothes for tonight I realised what I'd done and left a message for Bigman with my apologies.

It's been a day to take some time out and remember our fallen hero's, which I did at 11am this morning along with the nation.

Hopefully, I'll get on the bike tomorrow and catch up on the session that I missed tonight.

The Cape Epic gets ever closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment