Monday 30 November 2009

The Good Food Weekend....

The weekend weighed heavy on my mind and sadly on my stomach.

The Good Food Show was full of festive delights and treats and being a man who loves his food I didn't miss the opportunity - it was great. Anyway on return yesterday I was encouraged by a friend to have a fortnight of good food (i.e. good quality no rubbish!) and good exercise prior to the real start of the Christmas period. So I started a new regime today ( the exercise is basically the same as before but food content less reflective of a sumo wrestler in full training).

Day 1 - started with a 4 mile run on the treadmill. Unlike the Bigman's late burst of sunshine and hard training the hardcore Fifers have been left to face the baltic north winds - it was a cracking day if a little chilly. Food wise was good and I'm off to (yet another) good start - 48 hours is usually my threshhold! I'm not very good with food!

Tomorrow I'll be running and more spinning or cycling at lunchtime depending on our variable weather. Feeling pretty fit at the moment - I've been training pretty consistently during the past few weeks and it's paying off. I'm concious that the Epic is getting closer and the plan is to peak in March.

I've been so impressed with the Bigman and it's great to see that he's making the most of winter training camp. I'm going to be buying a rope to tie my bike on to his which is legal and in accordance with the rules.

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment