Tuesday 9 February 2010

I reckon I could teach Andy Murray a thing or two......

Sunday morning woke to a spin session. Every time I think about slacking I realise I remember the clock is ticking relentlessly and we're getting near the end of our training journey.

I'm pretty certain this is it. The last of the big races. I feel it's time to move on and do other things with my life and at the age of 46 the training is punishing on the aging joints. I do enjoy it on the whole but it's tough. Constantly planning another training session and making time to fit it all in is a challenge. I'll still race and take part in events but I think my Ironman days are behind me. Although to be honest I've said that before.....

I travelled up to Inverness and did a training session in the hotel gym. I read a year or so ago that Any Murray trained in the sauna to achieve peak performance. Well the gym in the hotel is exactly like that. It's next to the pool, separated by a glass door, and the air was moist and heavy by the time I was up to speed on the running machine. Not that pleasant.

It had another slightly frustrating feature in that the off button was in the middle of the front bar and was very large. Every so often my enthusiasm peaked and my flailing arms caught the button. If you every been running on a tready at 8.5mph and hit the stop button you will realise how disconserting it is. Your body continues forward while the belt on the machine stops immediately - I overtook myself as I screamed towards the front of the machine!

Home tonight for more running and spinning.

My diet which has lapsed over the last few days will be kicked back in as my goals are still possible. Yesterday it was suggested I was a good few years younger than I am - it must be the training or my boyish good looks. If it is the training it's certainly cheaper than botox!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment