Monday 1 February 2010

Training sessions don't get any shorter than this....

The drive to Fort Willaim was bleak. The cruel snow was sweeping Glencoe and the road was turning whiter by the second.

I select my hotels carefully - noting which have gyms and generally selecting them. So I changed into my kit on arrival and hit the gym. The gym was actually really good and I was surprised to note on the way in that there was a spin class at 6pm. Back to reception to find out more I was informed that it was fully booked but I should join the queue for non turners up spaces in 20 minutes.

Buoyed by the thought of a spin class I set of on the treadmill and did a fast 15 minutes. Junped off and was pointed in the direction of the class - follow Gavin was the cry. I followed Gavin, an uncommunicative soul intent on bagging his space.

The spn room was small but full of expectant chatter and I was joined by a fellow much more experienced 'lurker for spin space'. He was a chatty local who informed me of the underground tactics required to bag a spot at the spin class. We stood and shared stories until the remainder of the class duely arrived. Sadly they all turned up.

Undeterred myself and the intrepid spinner headed back to the gym. It was packed. It was so packed the queue at the running machines indicated a wait of approximately 20 minutes for each bit of kit. This doesn't happen at the Carnock Gym where the queues are much shorter (not that I'm saying anything about Moonwalkers height!) and access to the equipment is only limited by enthusiasm.....

So slightly despondantly I called it a day. On a bright note the haddock and chips plus apple crumble in the hotel went down a storm.

Possibly need to spend an extra 20 minutes in the gym tomorrow - without the queue!

No comments:

Post a Comment