Saturday 27 February 2010

Taper starts a tad early



I was so looking forward to getting out this morning for the final long bike ride. It was to put closure on a long and harsh winter's training.

Sadly it was not to be and it looks like tomorrow will provide our final opportunity for a decent bike set albeit subject to the snow melting which looks unlikely. It's been a long cold winter and I can't wait to feel the heat of the South African sun on my back.

Bigman and Fit One are off to the gym but my Passat has started making the strangest noises so it's next trip is the 3 miles to the garage to get fixed on Monday.....

So the training will continue for another week and then we'll start to enjoy the taper period as we prepare for the race which starts in 3 weeks time.

For the record the cheesecake wasn't that great and possibly not worth the hour I'll need to train to work it off......

No comments:

Post a Comment