Tuesday 2 February 2010

Running around.....

I woke up in Fort William - it was a stunning morning. The snow that was disrupting the travel in the central belt had passed through overnight and was replaced by a sunshine and mist. It was beautiful. I had a good meeting to start the day and then set off towards Inverness. Despite time pressures I stopped to take a couple of photo's looking back towards Fort William from the site of the Commando Memorial.

My phone doesn't capture the scene in full effect but it gives a flavour of the beauty. It also reminded me that we are going to race the Cape Epic but also going to see and photograph an amazing country.

I laugh with the Bigman about the grading of animals that will allow a stop to take a picture. We are slowly creating a list of animals that are permitted stops and those which don't merit a stop! I suppose today was an example of where the beauty of the location merited a stop despite the time pressure.

After a couple of meetings in Inverness I set off home, stopping at my usual coffee stop in the Mountain Cafe in Aviemore. Where the coffee is amazing and the cakes are just out of this world. Today, the cake selection was up to it's usual high standard and after much internal debate my resistance weakened and I selected a blueberry chocolate brownie. It wasn't just good it was amazing - amazing 600 calorie worth. I enjoyed every morsel! The Bigman can keep his legal cakes - the brownie takes the biscuit every time!

So home, I felt the need to get started quickly. Having run around the country in the car I started running on the treadmill on the house. I spend my 4 mile run listening to my band, father jack, last rehearsal. After running I jumped onto the spin bike, pushed on the telly and watched deal or no deal. It was a bit dull but passed 50 minutes while I climbed the Witches Hat at a good tempo. I feel fortunate to have the facilities in the house.

Anyway a good set tonight of just under 90 minutes. Hopefully a run tomorrow if the weather holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment