Tuesday 25 August 2009

12 mile run

I travelled up to Thurso this morning - it was a beautiful drive. The drive through Sutherland up the east coast is a joy.

When I arrived, after being cooped up in the car for 5 and a bit hours, I decided to nip out for a run. Having done the race on Saturday i missed my long slow run for the week. So I set off from the hotel in Scrabster and headed into Thurso - it was sunny, warm and windy. In many ways perfect for running (apart from the strong wind).

I decided to stop at 12 miles - long enough for the day and done in a reasonable time.

Might be time to taper for the epic weekend.....

The final line up was released to the excitment of the press at the weekend - possibly more headline contenders than the latest line up for Strictly Come Dancing....

No comments:

Post a Comment