Sunday 16 August 2009

The fit one has a hernia but who ate all the pies......

The fit one and bigman picked me up for a short blast round Culross, Kincardine, Forestmill and home. We worked our way through the coastal towns cutting through the strong westerly wind.

The fit one's back inner tube burst out through his tyre at Culross in a hernia sort of way and he had a brief pit stop to fix the ongoing problem. The bigman and I were cutting through the wind like a hot knife through butter unaware of the problem. A brief turn around and the fit one appeared having fixed his wheel like a skilled surgeon.

The fit one and bigman raced up anything resembling an incline. I'm not much of a hill climber and left them to fight out their battle....

I had re-fitted my tri bars in their new position. The bike felt great. I think I've got a bike set up now that will do IMUK next year. I've got it measured up and I'm sure that I finally got my body position correct. Well I hope that I have!

Anyway back to the todays trip. The cafe stop was epic in an altogether unusual way. We weren't exactly welcomed with open arms as we wandered in and ordered our tea and buns. We had disturbed the paper reading. A massive crime! As we left some regulars had arrived, a totally different welcome and service offering! Anyway, following his cake the bigman burst out of his zipped gillet instigating a brief chorus of 'who ate all the pies!' We wondered how the weigh in would go. The record weigh in by the bigman is a great result - the zip sold us a dummy and the skinny one continues the work to get down to his peak racing weight - he's getting there.

It would appear that the upcoming carnock epic has generated a starting line up 14!

Next weekend we are taking part in a 10 hour enduro mountain bike race. Going to be a good test.....

No comments:

Post a Comment