Monday 17 August 2009

8 Mile.....

8 mile seems to be a common distance at the moment when out running. The Fife weather delayed me. I like to run in the morning. It sets you up for the day and makes you feel that you can take on the world. But this morning it was raining.....again.

It hasn't felt like much of a summer. We were all wearing jackets on Sunday and today the rain was on and off all morning. I suppose we should be grateful as the rain makes Scotland a green and beautiful place. Moonwalker was suggesting the other day that maybe we should get used to mild wet summers - she may have been reading too many environmental papers!

The run tonight wasn't as easy as Saturday. My legs felt heavy to start with and took a while to loosen off. I wanted to stop and just head home but the programme said 1 hour 10 minutes so that was what I had to do. I bought a DAB radio to listen to football while out on longer runs - it works fine closer to dunfermline but is less useful when nearer Oakley. I'm quite pleased with it in any event.

So I finished in 1:08 - happy to have completed the workout and to be home.

I really hope that the weather picks up (if only to cut the grass) so I can get out on the bike for a decent run. The Carnock Epic is 12 days away and I'm pretty certain the boys and girls taking part are training hard and getting ready for the challenge.....

It's going to be a cracker!

No comments:

Post a Comment