Thursday 13 August 2009

Wings in my feet....

The boys were out on the bikes - the bigman will post later I suspect!

I set off for a 8 mile run in the late afternoon sun. It had been a full on day at work. Very satisfying but busy so getting out for a run was a real stress buster.

I'm not sure why but for the last few weeks I've been struggling. Every run have been a challenge, motivation has been low and I've been feeling really tired. Today was different. Very different. I felt alive. My shoes felt light, my feet had wings and I felt great.

The plan was to run for just over an hour. It was a warm evening and with some great music in the ipod I set off up to Dunfermline. I have to confess to a hint of jelousy at the guys heading out on the bikes but I was focussed on putting in an excellent session.

The bigman sent me some stuff on excelling last night. Inspirational!

So whilst thinking about the life the universe and everything it came to me how fortunate I've been. Running has provided a new lease of life. I'm fitter than I was 10 years ago which is cool but the running led to biking and biking opened up new friendships.

When I lived in Edinburgh I was a member of a tri club which was good but I never really bonded with the group - I always felt too fat and untri like. We moved over to Fife and I met the Bigman - we were introduced because a mutual friend recognised our shared love of biking. Since then I've got to know the Bigman, Fit One, Santiago, the Doc, Marathon Man, Duracell, Junior and a good few others - relationships and good friends are what makes life special and I'm very grateful I moved to Fife 2 years ago. A good move!

Anyway I finished with a sprint up the last couple of hills inspired by the Bigman's record breaking climb up the Aberdour Ascent! It was cracking run - just under 8 miles in just over an hour with room in the tank.

Happy days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment