Friday 25 December 2009

Christmas brings cape epic goodies.....

Happy Christmas!

A couple of weeks rest whilst not necessarily impacting my fitness levels has definitely affected my waistline. I could body double for Santa if required this season!

The snow looks like it's slowly beginning to melt but the forecast for next week looks like more of this weeks winter blast with snow and freezing temperatures. This has been the most snow I think I've seen in 20 years and it doesn't normally last as long as it has. We're hoping to do a bit of training on the road next week so hopefully we'll get a couple of days respite and be able to get out there. Thank goodness for the spin bike!

Santa dropped of some bike goodies with a suspension seat post and a camelbak being the pick of race necessities. I think I've got most of the equipment that I need for race either on order or already delivered.

Anyway today seemed as good a day to train as any so with the presents opened I set off for my spin bike. I decided since it was Christmas I would have a reasonably gentle 45 minutes but somehow you can't so the spin bike resistance was cranked up and I pounded my way up an imaginary Knockhill with Moonwalker running on the treadmill beside me.

Sadly the 650 calories burnt will in no way cover the Christmas feast that awaits at my sisters today. So I'll be back on the bike tomorrow in the vein hope that the past 2 weeks inactivity and the inevitable high calorie count over the next week or so can be mitigated as best as possible.

Having said that it is Christmas and the months of January and February are going to be particulaly hard in terms of training and food discipline so it's quite nice to relax and enjoy both the occasion and the food. As most people know I do love my food!

Have a fab Christmas and enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment