Monday 14 December 2009

Oh I never get injured.....

What a day. Sore hip flexor, sore right pec (ha ha I hear you laugh call those things pecs) and feeling sorry for myself. I never get injured. I get the odd niggle but nothing to speak of. This is different, this is sore.....

Not only that I still had my accounts to do - it was going to be a cracker.

So at 9.50am I was well into the sorting of receipts, invoices, bank statements and credit card receipts and it was going well. I was finding the info I needed and a brief wave of happiness engulfed my generally optimistic soul. I was going to nail the task and get everything done in double quick time.

Then I turned to reach over the desk to pick up a stray receipt from August and bang, immediate pain in my left upper back. It was searing and sharp and stopped me in my tracks. A third muscle in 2 days - I'm truly falling apart. At the tender age of 46 my old body is finally catching up with me and maybe it's telling me it's time I spent a bit more time stretching and easing off after exercise rather than charging on with the next thing.

Anyway recovery is the name of the game and getting back to full fitness is my priority.

One small step backwards in my Cape Epic journey - looking forward to being able to leap forward again shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment