Tuesday 22 December 2009

Old Ironman is back......

Well 10 days of doing absolutely nowt has most definitely done me some good.

I was reading a magazine which was advising a break at this time of year so the timing of my abstinence has probably worked pretty well. Having pulled 3 muscles the weekend before last I thought that was me until after Christmas but with a bit of stretching, rest and some anti-inflammatory drugs I'm 90% recovered.

The cold turkey treatment has been tough. I've become accustomed to training regularly, in fact very regularly. To take it away was a nightmare. I missed my endorphin fix.

So I wondered what the impact of enforced rest would be? Well it turns out very limited. Back on the treadmill today and it felt good. The snow is falling, so much that we couldn't get Moonwalkers car out of the drive and running outside is only for those braver than I. So I jumped on the treadmill and did 4 miles at 8 minute pace. Happy days.

Spin tomorrow and back on to the road on Monday, snow permitting.

It's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment