Thursday 10 December 2009

Stealth...........

I have been training, by myself and in the house but training nevertheless. I couldn't make the ride out tonight because of other committments so I felt it important to mirror the hill climb the guys were taking on up Cleish.

So at precisely 6:08 I rolled out of bed, grabbed my shorts and T shirt and headed down to the gym. That makes my rather small house sound like a mansion which it most definitely is not! Anyway the gym consists of a treadmill ( a good one ), a spin bike ( a good one ), a gym ball ( a not so good one ) and weights ( not really weights at all ) and during the long dark nights I find myself increasing attracted to the delights of indoor training and TV watching.

Today I thought I'd try subtitles. Have you ever tried to read subtitles. They are a vague interpretation of the spoken word littered with errors. Whilst spinning up the virtual Cleish I mused on if the nature of subtitles. Was there a very fast typist knocking out the words in some dingy office building or was it done with voice recognition software. I'm pretty sure it's the latter but deep inside I kind of hope it is the former!

So this mornings training started with a wee 4 mile run to release the endorphins. I followed that up with my virtual Cleish climb - it was a relentless 45 minutes that passed slowly this morning. The minutes seemed like hours and the hours like days - I ploughed on until I'd done the job. It was worth it because the weigh in proived fairly good overall. Progress is being made at sail boat rather than speed boat pace. By the time of the race I will like all the other racers....

Well the chubby one's from the northern hemisphere in any event!

No comments:

Post a Comment