Wednesday 2 December 2009

Moses appears in Alloa.....

It was another cracking day in Fife, albeit 2o deg lower than at winter training camp, but work was pressing. A late in the day computer crash lost the entire afternoon's efforts. Gutted. I'm sure it's in there somewhere so tomorrow morning will be trying to find the lost work.

So in the midst of computer carnage I had to leave. Footy was calling. We won. Again not entirely due to my finishing skills, Alan Shearer I'm not, Phil Godman might be closer.....I did however run for the entire game and my silky passing skills set up a good number of our goals. The spotty dog experience following my first game back a few weeks ago has gone and my muscles seem accustomed to the game. So hopefully no painful walking tomorrow.

I drove home at speed (obviously within the speed limits) and made it home in time to change clothes and grab my swimming kit. Santiago picked me up 2 minutes later and we were off to meet the Fit One at Alloa (should be twinned with Honalulu!) swimming pool. Santiago is doing the Outlaw with me next year and we are both in the base training phase of that (I'm in full swing for Cape Epic!!) and the Fit One had suggested a training swim.

The Fit One swims about a kilometer every day and without doubt a very good and fast swimmer. His speed is generated through power and he has an incredibly powerful front crawl. So powerful in fact I was convinced Moses himself was parting the water as he flew through the pool.

Santiago is also a quicker swimmer than me and I guess just needs time in the water to build stamina and speed.

The Fit One lost his grace, mind you, doing a length of butterfly. A bit of soap and I could have got my washing done!

Another good day from a food perspective. Day 3 - one more than usual! I'm not sure what tomorrow holds in term of training. I'm considering a rest day.....

Looking forward to a ride out with the posse on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment