Monday 25 May 2009

78 not out....

The ironwife and I are down south for a couple of days. The weather is hot and we're having a fab time.

Today's question is whether I should give up biking and take up another sport. I didn't bike today but I did do a 3 and a half mile run with a friend. Great fun around the canals and great pennine way - stunning scenery and flat.

Anyway, played golf today and scored a 78 - so maybe it's time to can the biking malarky and take up golf more seriously. Played like a dream - 9 bogeys, 2 birdies and 7 pars - for me exceptional.

So the bigman has sorted the flights and my excitment about the Cape Epic is uncontainable! My step father in law's son has raced it. He's a proper mountain biker so I'm looking forward to catching up with him for a blether for tips and advice.

I was reminded of the last trip out with the bigman and a quote about differentiating the coffee runs from the training runs. Sounds like today was the latter and I look forward to 90 minutes of hard graft on Wednesday when we're out next.

No comments:

Post a Comment