Saturday 2 May 2009

Head in a spin....

I decided to head out for a wee run today to test out the achilles which has been sore for the last few weeks. Must have got all of 50 metres before I turned back and went home. Desperate to do something I went over to the gym with my 'sufferfest' podcast for a workout on the spin bike.

I arrived, plugged in and got started. About 15 minutes later a woman wandered in and started speaking to me - to be honest I'd tried to pretend that she was invisible but she wasn't having it and tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to set up her bike for her. I unplugged the headset and in a slightly frustrated way fixed her bike. Whilst doing this I enquired why she was in the spin studio - turned out there was a class on in 10 minutes.....

That depressed me. The classes are good but not really what I wanted to do. So when the instructor appeared I duly joined the 5 other wanna be fit souls in the class. It was quite good and in the end I did just over 80 minutes of hills, sprints and drills.

The best part of today was hearing that Caley had beaten St Mirren!!!

I have the honour of joining the touring party tomorrow night in Killen. My bike is hopefully still attached to the bigman's car and I'm doing the last leg with the peleton on Monday.

I'm not sure who is wearing the yellow jersey tonight - by his own admission I think the bigman acknowledged that Duracell edged it yesterday. Mind you given he has a bike that is slightly heavier than most mere mortals could handle he probably deserves the yellow jersey for rocking up doing some serious climbs round the west coast and managing a good daily mileage. Although I suspect he's a bit like the film speed - once he gets the bike speed up it's impossible for him to slow the mighty steed down! He doesn't get his blog name for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment