Saturday 23 May 2009

Wet wet wet - I feel it in my fingers.....

What a day! Relegation for my boys! Gutted!

As Bill Shankley said 'It's not a matter of life and death....it's more important than that!' The first division awaits and in reality it will probably be more fun to watch the team win from time to time rather than rocking up to see them struggle.

Anyway on to business. It was another good run. The Gillespie Road Wheelers turned up about 15 minutes early - a first. I wasn't ready - not a first! The Bigman oiled my bike. The fit one tuned up his bike. Santiago chilled and I ran about getting ready.

Once on the road, we worked well as a team and we're moving fast through the green fields of West Fife. I chatted to the mountain biker who told me he was looking to get into road biking but wasn't sure how to go about it. I pointed him towards Dunfermline Road Club - hopefully he will get going because he was impressive on his mtb.

Coffee and cake is always the highlight of the biking trips. I know I should pass but temptation is hard to pass especially when it comes to a paradice slice cake!

The trip was a bit of a struggle in the rain - miserable. We took a detour to see my wife training for the moonwalk which was cool - then hammered home through the rain. A wee sprint challenge on the way home left me trailing in the wake of the bigman and fit one. I was well placed as the pace picked up mid hill. I was just about to claim the hill climb prize (in my head) when the guys turned on the power and left me.

We're all backing Santiago in his tri tomorrow......

A post blog note. Thanks to the bigman for coming over to move the shed - he's a good man!

No comments:

Post a Comment