Thursday 28 May 2009

The diet starts once more....

Well a mixed day of training.

Good day - 4 mile run, easy pace and no ankle pain

Bad day - Cheese and tomato toastie with CHIPS (these were not ordinary chips, they were fabulous chips!)

Good day - 30 mile bike on the Culross Circuit with the bigman, easy pace, leg loosener prior to Skye

So the diet lasted 24 hours before the pull of chips won me over - zero tolerance!

The bigman chose to use today to build muscle by doing every climb seated. He's an awesome climber and is looking good for Saturday. We swallowed quite a bit of added protein today - the flies on the cycle path were out in force - I certainly didn't need much tea when I got home! It was a much more gentle pace than yesterday's thigh busting thrash. We were even able to chat!

We popped in to Hardies Bike Shop in Cairneyhill - the bigman has ordered his wee cog for alpine ascents later in the year. You get great advice and we were able to chat through the relative benefits of 29 inch wheels on the mountain bike - doesn't sound gripping conversation but he had the bigman and I facinated at the option.

I got home to wee note posted under a plant pot at the door from my wife to say she was in the pub and to come and get her on return. I thought great a pub tea! Good call! Then I noticed a daisy chain at the door, her friends car still in the drive and my phone buzzed - 121 - missed calls x 10 - oops - I'd locked her out. She'd borrowed a tenner from her piano teacher to buy a drink, cancelled her piano lesson until tomorrow and killed an hour and a half in the pub. Not normally a problem but when you wearing your training kit and have just been out training for 90 minutes.....

She's a forgiving woman fortunately!

So light tea to make up for the chips, a bit of work and getting packed for the trip to Skye and my day is almost done. Another cracking day!

Hopefully we'll be able to post an update from Saucy Mary's tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment