Thursday 28 May 2009

little cogs......

What can I add to yesterday's blog to give a better picture of the training ride.....

True

  • It was windy
  • We went to the bike shop to ask about the bigman getting a compact fitted to his bike
  • We pushed hard all the way round
  • We were pretty fast
  • We both felt strong and in good shape
  • We both were wearing far too many clothes - 2 layers and a jacket was a tad OTT
  • The Bigman hadn't eaten lunch - I had
False

  • I didn't drag the Bigman round in fact I spent much of the time struggling to keep up
  • The Bigman tucked in behind - the truth is the Bigman bore the brunt of the wind (hopefully he'll do the same with 24 deg and 17mph southerlies forcast!)
  • My heart rate monitor didn't break 100 - my heart was pounding like the bass drum in a heavy metal band
The Bigman is now the terminator - a machine on hills. At the end of yesterday's full on trip I turned and enquired if he had any reaction to the burn up the hill home. He answered 'truthfully?' paused and added 'no'. Never have 2 letters struck such fear into a 46 year portly surveyor - the realisation of 95 hilly miles with the bigman machine is too scary to imagine. I turned back to Carnock a slightly nervous warrior fearing yet another clan massacre in the highlands! I'm hoping the ironman training is still in my legs and will drag me round.

The weekly diet has started again.....no doubt I'll be posting the same message next week. It's difficult to stop eating the quantity of food I was eating while ironman training - given I've cut down on training considerably it's only got one place to go and that's straight to my gut!

Been out for a 4 mile run this morning and depending on today's diary might manage to venture out with the bigman later today.

What he thinks he need a compact chainset for I'm not sure - he has no limit at the moment. Little cogs and the bigman whatever next.....

No comments:

Post a Comment