Friday 31 July 2009

7 mile stitch....

I'm following a marathon training regime set out by the marvellous Sam Murphy. I rate her running books more than most others. Her starting out training programmes are good and I've completed 2 marathons using her marathon plans.

Running is a complete release to me - it was a stunning morning - beautiful blue sky and Fife at its best. The plan said run for an hour at a steady pace. So that's what I did. Well almost an hour, 55 minutes and just over 7 miles done.

Running gives me the chance to think and relax. I enjoy the solitude of the road and the opportunity to listen to good music. The time passes easily and I feel exhilarated as the endorphins kick in. As they say old age doesn't come alone and my hips are evidence of this. I always felt my body had the mileage of a 25 year old on the clock. What I mean is that although I'm in my prime at 45 now I've only really been running for a few years and therefore my joints have only done the running of a younger person. Now I think I'm beginning to feel the miles and the reality of training hard may have to be given some thought....

Decided to do Ironman UK next year and I suspect that will be my last.....

Who knows....

I didn't get a stitch today but couldn't think of a better header!

Mountain biking tomorrow. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment