Tuesday 28 July 2009

Chainrings and indoor spins.....

I woke up feeling tired. A bad sign usually but when the alarm goes off at 6:30 and you didn't venture to bed until 12:30 tiredness is inevitable.

I've not got as much work as I'd like, usual summer quiet time, so my thoughts turn to other things. The new shimano chainset arrived yesterday and I'm joining the ranks of the compacts. The regular chainset boys and girls will be sniggering but after following the bigman up most of the hills recently I thought I'd give it a bash. It's all about the bike I've come to realise and not about fitness and strength......arf arf.....

So I took my bike to local repair centre along with my recently ebayed chainset - it will take a week he announced. I was disappointed, I was keen to get out on it quickly but I smiled and said there was no rush....

Mid afternoon it was back - ready to roll. I picked it and set off home. Then the huge dilemma....

New chainset, open road beckoning or cut the grass. What to do? The weather looked dodgy not only for today but for the next few days so believe it or not I cut the grass. I counted dragging the mower through soggy grass as cross training which added to my 40 minute run of this morning made me feel I'd had a reasonable day.

Moonwalker arrived home and announced her physio was coming over. No excuses. That was me off to my spin bike for an hour. It was a cracking set following the instructions of the Sufferfest. I peeled myself off the bike a hot sweaty mass! Not an attractive sight! My diet is going well and if I can keep working at it I'm sure I'll be in good shape for Loch Ness.

So hopefully I'll get to try the bike tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be awesome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment