Tuesday 21 July 2009

Bigman's gone mad.....

The plan was to meet up for an hour. The day looked promising. The sun shone all morning and it was looking good for our 2pm rendevous to take on the Carnock Epic course....

I got up early and jumped onto the treadmill - it's great having one in the house cos you can run in whatever you fancy - today it was my boxers. Not got the physique of a greek olympic athlete....yet! So with my interval session done I headed off to the office knowing that I'd get out later on the bike. Intervals are where you alternate between fast and steady pace to raise your heart rate and increase performance.

As I mentioned it was muggy and warm - good news. The bad news came at about 1:30 - rain - not just any old rain but heavy downpours of the stuff. Bit a mixed summer so far. I wonder what has happened to the promised scorcher! So I called the bigman and suggested that we delay. I suppose I wimped out, a pathetic effort from one who is aiming to take on the Cape epic next year.

No wimping for the bigman - he stormed out on the knockhill loop in the rain. The weather is no barrier to a man on a mission. Given the sheer quality of the downfall including some lovely thunder and lightning (Although that may have been the big(mad)man blasting through Carnock in Back to the Future stylie!) I was stunned he set off. Mind you, he's so fit he probably was able to dodge the rain!

Tomorrow's a new opportunity and I plan another run - a steady tempo session and a spin set on the bike.

The back wheel has been delivered to the shop for a new (aero dynamic) spoke and I ordered a new Shimano compact chainset for the Trek. I don't think it will make a huge difference but it might make me think I'm better on the hills....

I finally weighed myself post holiday and I'm under 14 st and given the number of cakes I ate in Brittany some sort of miracle has occurred! Croissants must be a weight loss aid after all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment