Thursday 23 July 2009

A walk with the Moonmutt.....

It was balmy when I ventured outside at 6:45 this morning - maybe it was me rather than the weather that was balmy setting off for a run so early. It was a good day for running - warm, no wind and the sun glinting through the clouds. Today was a tempo run - a steady pace for 25 minutes - not too challenging but enough to raise the heart rate. As I got back to the house Moonwalker was heading out the door with the Moonmutt so I decided to join them on the morning wander.

We did our usual circuit chatting about the day ahead and moonwalkers upcoming Cairngorm Challenge - we're heading up for a training weekend in a week or so and I'm looking forward to getting out on the mountain bike again.

When I got home I decided to jump on the spin bike and did an hour's training the company of the Sufferfest podcast. It's a great training set that get everything moving and gives you a hard workout. Spinning is really all about you. You have control of the resistance - the less you add the easier the workout and vice versa. I cranked the resistance up for the 2 big climbs and spookily given the Bigman's post of today coasted down the virtual Col Du Galibier (on the podcast) as I recovered.

If you want a good spin workout search for the sufferest on the podcast section of itunes - they give a good workout with great music - I must add a link to the website to the page....

Tomorrow I'll run and spin again - need to look at my programme to see what needs to be done. The weight is coming off and I remain just under 14 st - the plan is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment