Tuesday 7 July 2009

In a naked spin......

My car spends more time in the garage than on the road. When I bought my own slice of Germanic engineering I assumed it would be reliable, cost effective and good to drive. It's good to drive, unreliable and expensive but yet I love it.....odd really.

Since the car was indisposed, I had to run to get my mechanical steed after it had been poked, tested and given a clean bill of health. The run was hot and sticky and I arrived at the garage up to temperature.

Once I made it home it was time to bike through the Alps, spin down the Cols and put in a serious tempo ride through a couple of market French towns. Sadly I hadn't been whisked over to France but was stuck in my home gym on my spin bike watching a podcast. I love it. It was pretty hot and soon the clothes were discarded around the room - I made a rare sight when moonwalker walked in and caught me spinning in my state of undress! The naked spinner was born (well almost naked - one must protect the parts that could rub or chafe!)

So not a bad session overall with a 2 mile run and a full hour on the spin bike.

Another day closer to the Epic Caper and another day of training done. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment