Saturday 4 July 2009

A perfect storm.....

The boys went biking without me. Moonwalker wasn't feeling great last night so I felt duty called.

Dr Zhivago I'm not but I do make an excellent cup of tea and can mop the most fevered of brows. I crept downstairs early and let her kip. When she appeared a bit later she was feeling better after a good sleep but the boys were long gone and probably nearing Linlithgow.....

So I cross trained. Shopping. Not ideal but walking the lengths of Debs endless racks of similarly looking clothes nodding haplessly, partly in fear, of the odd trick garment thrown in - 'how can you possibly like that!'

There is a fab coffee place in Stirling - a wee organic shop that sells amazing toasties and roast veg sandwiches - so lunch was a big success.

I decided to head out for a run after a long time on t'internet considering compact chain sets. Still not sure whether to fit one to the road bike so I went online and investigated the options. Needless to say I'm still wrestling in the dark!

So finally at 4.30 I went out for a run. I felt inspired by moonwalkers recent training and it spurred me on to go further than I'd planned. The run took me into Dunfermline and then back out the bike track. It was going to plan until I got about 2 miles from home. I passed under a bridge and the path heads due west for a couple of miles. The skies looked threatening - a gathering storm. So it was time to race Macleod v the gathering clouds. It looked like it was going to tip it down, my pace increased.

I wondered if I held my ipod in it's rubber case up in the air if it would save me from a lightning strike from above. I had visions of ending up more toasted than one of my mums roast dinners!

As I passed through the fields the rain started - to be honest it didn't come to much and my perfect storm was a damp squib. Every (ma) cloud has a silver lining......

No comments:

Post a Comment