Wednesday 14 October 2009

The fab five's fitness fix....

The midweek ride up Cleish was graced by myself, bigman, the wee yin, santiago and the newly named nightrider.

It was a stonking night out - warm and dry. A perfect night for a ride.

We met up at the usual junction. Bigman led the way with his winter lights beaming up the hill. Santiago was just behind with his tiny emergency front light. It was like a lone star on a very dark night and as useful as a chocolate tea pot - how he could see where he was going was a loss to me but he led the group into the darkness.

He was ably supported by wee yin - her lights were as good as santiago's! Nightrider, bigman and myself took up the rear. The climb passed quickly as we chatted and caught up with each others news. The view from the top over the lights of the motorway and Kinross is stunnning. We're going to ask Wingman to take a picture of it so we can let everyone see what you are missing.

The blast home down the hill was a breeze and I still find it disconcerting as the light disappears and the darkness envelopes the front wheel at an alarming rate. I might need to get my eyes tested!

Santiago is running a half marathon at the weekend and we wish him every success in that. He's a speedy runner so I'm sure he'll get a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment