Sunday 11 October 2009

Sunshine on Fife....

What a cracking morning it was. The sun was splitting the skies and there was little or no wind. I decided it was time to test the legs post marathon.

I set off to Comrie via Oakley. The endophins were kicking in and I danced along to the sounds of Iron Maiden, Lynard Skynard and all of the other aging rockers on Rock FM. Digital radio is a great invention.

The music beat increased the the speed - I must have looked like the village idiot running along singing Livin on a prayer at the top of my voice! After 3 miles I dropped from Blairhall down to the cycle path. I'd covered the ground quickly and was breathing hard. The measured approach of the previous marathon was binned and I was puffed out! I have to say that the last 2 miles were quite hard work. I think the response from my legs was as expected - they were knackered!

A good stretch at home sorted out any residual stiffness from my legs.

I'm going to get up and spin in the morning. Got to keep up with the bigman!

No comments:

Post a Comment