Saturday 10 October 2009

Three amigo's ride out.....





It was cloudy and cool. The opposite of my rather optimistic forecast - clear blue skies and sunny. My days in the weather office are numbered.

We met at the usual junction and I was joined by the Bigman and the Fit One. There was no wind and we climbed Knockhill fairly effortlessly with the Fit One leading the way and on a mission. Bigman and I trailed behind sharing our stories of the week that was. They must be sick of my marathon story but I gave them yet another rendition just in case they had forgotten any of it!

The roads were quiet which allowed us to ride together and enjoy the craic. The weekly bike ride is a good laugh as well as an attempt to get fitter. We know each pretty well and poke fun at each other with ease.

The route up to Perth is pretty lumpy with Knockhill, Dunning and a final climb up to Perth all included in the route. We reached the cafe hungry and in need of coffee or earl grey tea.

The route home was up Glenfarg and then over Cleish. At the top of Cleish we bumped into 4 lads who had driven up from Newcastle and were cycling from the Forth Road Bridge to Fruichie to watch the footie in the pub and have a few beers. The Bigman did the honours with the camera and I regret not asking for a copy for the blog. Bikers come in all shapes and sizes and it's just such a great thing to do. They will be good mates and even better after this weekend.

The weekly sprint to the Bus museum was won by the Bigman. The Fit One went to early and as ever I wasn't at the races.

I ground the last few miles out after parting company with the guys at the usual turn off and finished up with 103km on the clock.

Another happy day spent with good friends. It was fab.....

It's the Ironman world champs today in Kona - tonight will be spent checking the progress of a couple of friends who are racing. They have done amazingly to qualify. I may be an ironman but I don't get close to operating at world champ level.....

Yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment