Thursday 8 October 2009

The Outlaw.....

Well this is not the story of my criminal past and I'm not in need of the Duracell's legal talent.

The Cape Epic will be done and dusted by the end of March next year and I know that I'll be kicking my heels at the end of the race. I'm the sort of bloke that needs a target, usually a big target and post Cape Epic I will be the same.

I was pottering about the internet and thinking about entering Ironman UK next year. Ironman branded races are brilliantly organised and come with the logo. They are not however the only Ironman distance triathlon events and there is a new non Ironman branded long distance triathlon in Nottingham called the Outlaw.

The Outlaw sounds like my kind of race - I'm not stuck on the IM label so I've decided to give this one a go. Moonwalker has kindly offered to make it my birthday present and I'm really pleased. She did mention that there are not many people that would be happy with a present that you have to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and then run a marathon to collect! That doesn't include the training....

My legs finally feel like normal today. I'm going to spin and run in the morning to test the recovery. I'm hoping that things will get back to normal quickly. I've missed not training this week.

I watched a programme tonight about 4 biggish ladies who were trained by the British cycling team in an effort to lose weight. It wasn't so much training based but seemed to be mind based. I'm pretty convinced that most things are played in the mind. Obviously for sports you need to put in the training and have the necessary skills but a strong mind will get you through many challenges. I have challenges with my eating patterns in that I love cakes and sweet stuff. The pyscologist on the show talked about the inner chimp - I must have an inner ape!!

Looking forward to getting out on the bike this weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment