Tuesday 5 January 2010

Calorie counting in Carnock

Well interesting day. Much running around between eye tests, starting work, running daughter to Uni and exercise.

Work out consisted a 35 minute climb on the spin bike, 3 miles on the treadmill and then a weights session.

As I mentioned I've been calorie couting. It's a great thing to do calculating the calories out through exercise and then measuring what I'm eating. First time that I've ever done that and some of the facts are interesting. Firstly it takes longer than I thought it would because everything needs inputted into the computer sheet, pasta or veg needs weighed prior to cooking and oil measured in the pan etc etc.

What I would say is that I'm enjoying the challenge of eating a balanced diet within the range that I've set myself in order to lose the weight as planned for the Cape Epic.

I'm off to a great start and bizarrely now that a competition, albeit with myself, has started it is exactly what I need.

There is little to add about the joys of working in the gym. What can I say other than Friends was on in the background. There is no substitution for getting out on the roads and I'm missing it. However, I can only do what I can and I feel that my post Christmas steps are in the right direction. However, the story that the Bigman told me about one of the Doctors at the hospital who had broken his hip after falling off his bike in the icy conditions re-inforced the need to grin and bear the indoor training.

No comments:

Post a Comment