Wednesday 27 January 2010

A muddy run in the country

It was another dank day. No sun. Little wind. Mild.

Having been on my travels I was working at home all day. A chance to catch up with the pile of stuff that needed to be done plus enjoy a run with Santiago at lunch time.

Work started badly in that I couldn't get my internet to work. It had ground to a halt - took me to 3pm to get the problem fixed. Must sack the IT department!

So Santiago appeared at 12.15 and we set off towards Dunfermline at a moderate pace. We hadn't sorted out a route but were aiming for about an hour. We shared the news of the week. Santiago was heading out swimming tonight with the Fit One and wondered if I wanted to go as well - no chance. Now I'm out of the Outlaw I don't have to swim for a while (or ever!!).

We turned towards Crossford, dodging the cars on the pavement free road, and climbed towards Dean Plantation. After a short debate we agreed to plough on into the mud of the forest. It was a difficult call but it hasn't been that wet so worth a risk and it tunred out ok. The run through the forest was all about dodging the slippy roots. We were both wary of the ups and down as the ground seemed to move away from us as we planted each foot.

We appeared out of the forest and turned towards Crossford. Keavil House Hotel proved a welcome pit stop! Didn't want to do a Paula!(Remember the famous incident in the London marathon!) Then we climbed back up a farm road before turning back to the cycle path and home.

We were out for about 75 minutes, muddy and very happy! No doubt were both in reasonable shape as I think we could have done the same circuit again.

A grand plod!

No comments:

Post a Comment