Thursday 21 January 2010

A sweet day....

Today was fab. I collected my Doctors line that is necessary to be able to compete in the Cape Epic. My Doc is fab - he's a biker so we swop stories of routes and training will he fixes the bits of me that fall apart from time to time!

This evening as the Bigman has already told the three amigo's met up in Cowdenbeath for a set at the gym. I'm quite envious of the local South Africans enjoying summer evenings and warm bike rides especially as we slog it out on the gym equipment.

Tonight the Bigman stretched all of his banking skills to re-calculate the number of days training left, based on 6 weeks prior to taper and 6 days a week training we had, and this is where he took some time, eh 36 days of training. It was mathematic genius. So only 36 days - I suggested that we were fit already. Not fit enough was the response.

The Fit One and I blethered over the spin bike chatting through triathlon, sportives and swimming. As we chatted, a glance over to my left revealed the Bigman playing cards on the computer.

Personally I feel in good shape although not in good enough shape to make a stealth visit to inspect the course. Apparently snce the route was announced a large number of riders have been breaking the rules and biking sections of the course. This is illegal and the organisers have promised to be vigilant and throw out offenders. A policy the Scottish posse entirely agrees with!!

Tomorrow's a rest day for me as well unless my anticipated parcel arrives and I get out at lunchtime - we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment